Effective as of June 15, 2020 and last updated on June 3, 2021
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The WAVE.tv Terms of Service (the “Terms”) are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(1) When you Submit Content: Name, social media handle, phone number, URL for content or video upload, country (keep compliant from GDPR), age box checkoff.
(2) When you Purchase Our Products: Name, address (e.g., billing and shipping), email address, payment information, and wireless telephone number (optional).
(3) General personal data submission: Name, email, phone number, social handles, portfolio URL
Information We Collect From Other Entities. On occasion we may obtain personal information about you from third parties, which we process to allow us to improve the Services, or market our Services, or our affiliates’ services to you.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you visit our Site, we automatically collect information about your use of our Site and any Apps through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile applications (e.g., IP address, browser type, operating system, site usage and navigation). To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your name, email, address, purchase history. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site; your IP address (e.g., clickstream);
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- device name and model; operating system type, name, and version;
- language information;
- activities within the App; and the length of time that you are logged into the App;
- location information;
- With your permission, we will collect location information from your internet devices to market services to you which may be of interest to you. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your device(s).
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you and to fulfill your orders.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To send you email marketing about our products and services.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To send you email marketing about products and services of our affiliated entities.
- To send you email marketing about products and services of other entities that we think may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile applications, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To analyze and improve the Service and promote our business. For example, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you, and may share this information for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site and any App are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- For our own research and analytics purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty program.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Other purposes would include: (1) Filing reports to our investors and affiliates; and (2) Compliance with applicable laws.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include payment card processors, data analytics firms, web hosting and storage vendors.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Social Media Platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, TikTok). Your username and profile picture will be visible to all other WAVE.tv users, regardless of whether they are your Facebook friends.
- Company Users. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
- Advertising partners. We may disclose personal information about you to our vendors to assist us with providing or marketing our Services to you, as described in the “Third-Party Ad Networks” section below.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-Party Ad Network section.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Submission of User Generated Content
You may submit content as directed on our Site and Services, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to make available through our Site or Services. Any content which is submitted may be made available to other users of the Site. We have terms and conditions of use which apply to all submissions of user content, and are made available to you at the time of submission. If you do not accept our terms and conditions, we will not accept your submission of content.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
We keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Policy, while we have a business need to do so, or as required by law (e.g., for tax, legal, accounting, or other purposes), whichever is longer.
Children Under 13
Our Site, Apps, and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at our toll-free number (800) 771-6382.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and any App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and any App, or through email.
Notice to Users Located in Europe
This section of this Policy is applicable to our users located in the European Union, the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom (collectively, “Europe”).
VeraSafe has been appointed as WAVE.tv’s representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. If you are in the European Economic Area, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to email@example.com, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contactdata-protection-representative or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd.
Unit 3D North Point House
North Point Business Park
New Mallow Road
VeraSafe has been appointed as WAVEtv’s representative in the United Kingdom for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. If you are located within the United Kingdom, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to or instead of firstname.lastname@example.org, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +44 (20) 4532 2003.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd.
37 Albert Embankment
London SE1 7TL
We use your personal information only as permitted by law. We process your personal information to perform our contract governing our provision of our services or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the services. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing the services you access and request. We also process your personal information where necessary to comply with our legal obligations. If European users do not provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide such users with certain features or functionalities of the Site and Services or information regarding the Site and Services.
We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the services, or otherwise to us. If you provide us with any sensitive personal information when you use the services, you must consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal information, you must not submit such sensitive personal information through our services.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access: Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct: Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete: Delete your personal information.
- Transfer: Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict: Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object: Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to email@example.com or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may email us at the address provided above or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
International Data Transfers
Notice to California Users
We are providing this supplemental privacy notice to Consumers in California, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
The CCPA grants California residents the following rights.
- Information: You can request information about how we used and shared your personal information through the WAVE.tv Services during the past 12 months.
- Access: You can request a copy of the personal information that WAVE.tv maintains about you.
- Deletion: You can ask to delete the personal information that WAVE.tv maintains about you.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting businesses from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which they must comply with a deletion request.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
We describe the sources through which we collect personal information and the types of personal information collected in the “The Information We Collect About You” section above., We describe the purposes for which we use and share this information in the “How We Use Your Information” section and “Howe We Share Your Information” section above.
Here is how you can submit requests:
- To request access to or deletion of personal information collected via your use of the Site or any App, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through our Site.
- To verify your identity prior to responding to your requests, we may ask you to confirm information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer.
- Authorized agents: California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf.
Last Updated: June 3, 2021